Tokyo Metropolitan Library Facebook Page Operating Policies
1 Tokyo Metropolitan Library Facebook page
The Tokyo Metropolitan Library shares information via Facebook.
The Facebook page includes various kinds of information, such as information about events and library materials of the Tokyo Metropolitan Library, and information about things inside the library building. * Please note that in general we do not respond to comments made on our posts.
Please be careful not to mistake another account for the Tokyo Metropolitan Library's account, which is "tmlibrary" (東京都立図書館). With regard to the operation of the account, the Tokyo Metropolitan Library has established operating policies (see below). Please note that these operating policies may be subject to change without prior notice.
Facebook is a social networking service (SNS) on which users can interact with their friends, co-workers, classmates and neighbors. Please see Facebook's official site for more detail.
4 Metropolitan Library Facebook page operating policies
The Tokyo Metropolitan Library (hereinafter referred to as the "Metropolitan Library") establishes the following operating policies for the Facebook page operated by the Metropolitan Library.
The purpose of operating the Facebook page is to broaden the appeal of the Metropolitan Library and share information about its business activities.
The Facebook page includes various kinds of information, such as information about events and library materials of the Metropolitan Library, as well as information about things inside the library building.
Response to replies, etc.
- The Metropolitan Library does not read or reply to comments, posts, etc. made on the Facebook page.
- If you have specific viewpoints or questions regarding the business of the Metropolitan Library, please make your inquiries from the "Contact" section on the Tokyo Metropolitan Library site.
Intellectual property rights
Intellectual property rights regarding information (text, images, etc.) posted on the Facebook page by the Metropolitan Library shall be owned by the Metropolitan Library or the respective original authors. The content may not be reproduced or modified without permission except in accordance with the Copyright Act in regard to "reproduction for private use" or "citation."
In order to promote better communication on the Facebook page, we ask that you please not post any of the following items to it. If a user posts any of the following items, such posts may be deleted without prior notice.
- Post that violates, or is likely to violate, a law or regulation, etc.
- Post that defames a specific individual or group, etc.
- Post promoting political or religious activities/viewpoint
- Post that infringes, or is likely to infringe, upon the Metropolitan Library's or a third party's copyright, trademark right, right of publicity or any other intellectual property right
- Post made for advertising, promotion, soliciting or any other commercial purposes
- Post that infringes, or is likely to infringe, upon privacy by, for example, identifying or disclosing personal information without the consent of the owner of such information
- Post that uses or contains, or is likely to use or contain, malicious software
- Any other post that is deemed to be inappropriate by the Metropolitan Library on the grounds that, for example, it is contrary to public order and morality
- The Metropolitan Library does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of information on its Facebook page. The Metropolitan Library, therefore, shall not be liable for any damage incurred by a user or third party due to the use of such information.
- The Metropolitan Library shall not be liable for any damage incurred by a user or third party due to a conflict arising among users or a conflict between a user and a third party in connection with the Facebook page.
- In addition to the above provisions, the Metropolitan Library shall not be liable for any or all damage arising from matters related to the Facebook page.
Changes to the operating policies
The operating policies for the Facebook page may be subject to change without prior notice.